Bilan de Compétences à Nice
Why should I undertake a skills assessment ?
To carry out an inventory of your professional career
To evaluate your current situation and consider possible options for improvement or development
To prepare for a promotion or internal mobility
To enhance your self-awareness and build up a professional project that will be fulfilling for you in the long run, because it will be in keeping with your personality and your values
To investigate further your desire to change job or to create a business, and design a full action plan for it
To prepare a training project or VAE project (accreditation of work experience that can count towards a qualification), etc.
In any case, a deeper insight into your own aptitudes and gaining confidence in your own professional value through the skills assessment will be key to enable you to take action and make progress.
What are the various stages of a skills assessment ?
The skills assessment, a tool to elaborate a professional project and, if applicable, a training project, has been included in French Labour Legislation since 1991. Its stages and its content are precisely defined in the decree of October 2nd, 1992 :
- A preliminary phase, whose objective is
- to confirm the recipient’s engagement in his/her initiative
- to define and analyse his/her needs
- to make him/her aware of the skills assessment's requirements and stages
- to inform him/her of the methods and techniques used
- An investigation phase enabling the recipient
- to analyse his/her motivations, as well as his/her personal and professional interests
- to identify his/her personal and professional skills and abilities
- to determine his/her opportunities for professional development
- A concluding phase, which, through personalized interviews, will enable the recipient
- to become acquainted with the detailed results of the investigation phase
- to list the factors which are likely to facilitate, or hinder a professional or training project
- to plan the main stages for the implementation of the project
A synthesizing document, written by the advisor is handed over to the recipient once the assessment is complete.
NB: The applicant is the only recipient of the skills assessment’s detailed conclusions, which shall not be divulged to a third party (including their employer) without their express agreement.